About Me

My photo
I live in the beautiful city of Portland, Oregon. I am a work at home mom and meeting planner, who loves what I do in every way. I think I get the best of both worlds; a little travel and some home time with my little chicklets. In my spare time I enjoy hosting parties, art, cooking, crafting, re-doing furniture, wogging, tennis and shopping. I am going through a journey that I wanted to share. I hope in some small way it helps you.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

CeCe's Corner... Valentines Kit

Hi Friends!  Are we feeling lovey yet?  V-day is approaching soon and those decorations can start loving up your home.  I wanted to share a special post by my good friend Claudia over at CeeCee's Corner.  I think these craft kits are absolutely adorable!  Enjoy!

Merry Valentine's Day
I just love the sound of that, don't you? Although it's probably a silly thing to say, and will never catch on, I don't care! I'll say it anyways. Life has been hectic. I haven't done anything special or gone on any amazing vacations... I stayed in lovely Oregon for the holidays, but I was able to have my whole family come up here and spend time with me. They live out of state and were here for a very short 3 days, but I loved every minute of it. I have three younger brothers who are kind of crazy, and they invited a couple of their friends to join us for Christmas, so we had a full house. We ate, played basketball, played games, joked and laughed, and ate some more. It was heaven.

  Getting back into a routine after the holidays is difficult. So, for the past couple of weeks, I have just been plain lazy. I haven't had much motivation to do anything other than bum around with my kids. My oldest goes to preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a couple of hours, but other than that, we have no where to be. At times, it drives me crazy because I am not used to being at home for so long. The past 5 years, I have had a husband in school and I was in school part time. Between the two of us going to school, my husband had two part-time jobs, I had a part-time job, and we would shuffle our kids around to grandparents. Now, my husband goes to work, I stay home, and life is a lot more calm.
     Since life has slowed down a bit, I have been directing my thoughts towards Valentine's Day. To kick things off, I made a lovely little Valentine's decoration to brighten my entertainment center.



It's a simple decoration and didn't take much time for me to make, maybe an hour or so... but I love it. And since I love it so much, I have decided to put together a craft kit for it. It's the perfect craft for everyone. I simply modge podged some pearly white cardstock onto some cardboard, made several red felt rosettes using the tutorial I found 
here, arranged them in a heart shape, and hot glued them onto the cardstock. I placed it inside an 8x10 frame (I took out the glass portion) and a heart was born. :)

Now, if you order 1 kit, it'll be $10 + $2s&h, but if you order 2 kits it'll be $12.50 (not per kit... that's the price for both kits combined!) plus the $2s&h, and if you order 3 kits, it'll be $15.00 for all 3 (plus the $2 s&h). These would be awesome to order if you wanted to have a girls night without breaking the bank.  If you want to order 4 or more, please email me at ceeceescorner@gmail.com for pricing options.
 You can all do this on your own, but if you don't have felt sitting at home, or don't want to cut out19 squares, then you must simply order one of these kits! Or, if you like the craft but don't want to make it, you can purchase it in my Etsy shop here. If you are looking for another fun craft kit, you can purchase the Magnetic Recipe Boardhere (also perfect for a girls night!).
     I am in the Merry Valentine's Day spirit, so please stay tuned for more Valentine's Day ideas! xoxoxo


Pricing
Felt Rosette Color



No comments:

Post a Comment